of St.Jakob is everywhere
example Kelheim, Dachau,
Germering-Unterpfaffenhofen, Starnberg, Bad Toelz, Kempten.
The St.Jakobs Church in
Germering-Unterpfaffenhofen to Kempten
Here you can buy a pilgrim's pass for 10.-
Drinking water for the
The old Catholic parish
church, today Filialkirche St. Jacob in Unterpfaffenhofen, a district
of Germering in the Upper Bavarian district of Fürstenfeldbruck,
was built in 1500 at the site of a Romanesque church. The church, which is
dedicated to the Apostle James the Elder, is one of the protected
architectural monuments in Bavaria.
Under the current church excavations have discovered a
Roman hypocaust system and the foundations of a Romanesque church.
The brickwork of the eastern nave was built over
Romanesque tufa blocks. The choir and tower were
built around 1500. At the end of the 17th century, the church was
redecorated in Baroque style and the nave ceiling was decorated with
frame stucco. In 1740 the nave was extended and
on the south side the sacristy and a sign were added. At the same time, the church received its Rococo style
furnishings. 1902 was another extension of the
Jakobsweg in Germering